Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Forms and Policies with Clubs

As the year progresses I'm finding myself underneath a bigger pile of paper and more demands on my shoulders. Yesterday I found out that I'm supposed to be the advisor for yet ANOTHER club. That puts me in 3, not counting my concert band, which is enough work by itself. My predecessor was quite involved, and as her replacement, I have big shoes to fill.

What gets me is all the forms I have to fill out. If I want to fund raise then I have to fill a form to request the fundraiser, then a form to set it up, then forms to create an account, then a form for the p.o. to buy our supplies....all while staying within the district's guidelines. I don't even know what the district's guidelines are!! Shouldn't there be some sort of district manual? Not one on this or one on that....but a big honkin' book of EVERYTHING you need to know!! Want to save trees??? Make it digital in pdf format. That way we all don't wonder: how do I do this, what's the policy on that, and what the heck is going on??!?

1 comment:

Ms. Sturr said...

Why do you have to take over the activities that your predecessor did? You aren't their clone. You should be allowed to choose what you want to sponsor.